If you did not know already E-cigs are a 2.5 billion dollar company in the United States alone. In 2014 the e-cig industry spent $125 million dollars just to advertise their products. Studies have shown that kids seeing these ads are more likely to use these products. Today already 68 percent of high school students use e-cigs with flavors. Are goal as a whole is to cut back on the uses of not only adults to protect their health but kids at a young age are at even more risk.
These statistics are crazy to me I had no clue E-cigs were such a big thing. The fact that they are so popular is alarming because like you said our youth is becoming affected. I personally don't use them but I know a few people who do and although I'd rather see them using these instead of actual cigarettes, I think these should be cut out as well.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your blog, I am in shock! I previously knew that E-cigs were an issue here in the U.S, but I did not know it was this big of a problem. I do know that PA has just recently passed a law that will now change the law of purchasing tobacco products to 21 instead of what it is now 18. I think it will be very efficient in cutting down the amount of young people that consume these e-gics.
ReplyDeleteSev this is a great topic. I think we do need to make a movement to lower the amount of people using e-cigs. In my high school there were a bunch of students that used e-cigs. One thing that they don't realize is that these things are addictive. It might not affect them when they are first starting, but five years down the road there health could be very poor. As you can see, there are people are dying from using these devices and it is important that we put a stop to the use of e-cigs.
ReplyDeleteE-Cigs are a huge issue in my high school. It is really a shame to see such a high percentage of students using a dangerous product. The availability to the younger population is alarming. I knew that the E-Cig industry had grown, but I had no idea it was such a massive jump. I think this is a great topic and it really needs to be discussed more.
ReplyDelete